The main reason to ensure your roof doesn't have any leaks is to ensure all your property and contents in your home are secure and dry. A roof provides shelter. Typically a new roof costs about $5-7k, not a lot considering all that goes into the job. The factors that make up a replacement roof cost are:
- How many square foot your roof is
- How steep the roof is (time and material)
- Type of application you will use
- Material quality
- Amount of layers that need removal before new roof can be installed
- variables such as flashing, chimneys, gutters, etc.
At Premier Exteriors we don't take any short cuts - we only do the job if we can do it right.
New Roof Installation vs. Repair
Just because your roof springs a leak doesn't mean you need a new roof. A typical small area that needs repair costs as little as $400 depending on the issue. If you have regular or multiple leaks then it's time to think about a replacement roof.
Here is when you should consider a new roof:
- If the roof is 20 to 25 years old. This is the maximum expected life of a shingle.
- Lot's of problems and leaks.
- Thinking of selling and the roof looks bad or worn out.
Here is a visualizer that you can plan how a new roof will look and make a wide variety of color choices, shingle patter options and house colors.